સમાજકાર્ય વિભાગના અધ્યાપકોની વિશેષ કામગીરી, નવીનતમ પ્રયોગો અને પ્રોજેકટ્સને સરકાર અને સમાજની સંસ્થાઓ દ્વારા બિરદાવવામાં આવે છે. વિદ્યાર્થીઓ પણ એમની વિશેષ પ્રતિભા માટે સન્માનિત થાય છે.
As a Faculty in-charge I am honored that the department was selected for the project Global Fund to Fight HIV/Aids Tuberculosis and Malaria, round seven as Counselling component for January 2009 to May 2015. This project has been successfully completed. The project was evaluated throughout its period by TISS, the primary recipient of this project, and has been awarded 80 score after final evaluation.
Gujarat state AIDS Control Society acknowledged the effort of Gujarat Vidyapith as erstwhile partner in prevention and control of HIV/AIDS in the state of Gujarat.
CII and it’s Ahmedabad YI’s Masoom Programme launched in Ahmedabad. Masoom is a collaborative programme of YI and childline to prevent the child sexual abuse, Prof. Anandi Patel has trained 800 teachers and 100 volunteers, they were organized awareness programme for 10000 girls of primary schools. On the Annual day of CII they awarded Prof. Anandi Patel and Binal Patel for the best efforts.
Childline Ahmedabad Awarded by State commission for Child Protection and Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, for best performance and best childline in Gujarat state on 28/09/17
Prof. Anandi Patel was Awarded by Shri Bhupendrsinh Chudasma, Education Minister for best contribution in Masoom Project, Young Indians, CII 2018
Dr. Damini Shah was awrded by Narmad Suvarn Chandrak by Narmad Sahitya Sabha for her Research work On Muslim Ghettoisation, 2018
Prof. Anandi Patel was awarded the Women of Excellence Award for best work for the development of Dalit and Adivasi community on 8th March 2020 by Positive Jindgi, Ahmedabad
Appreciations for presenting street play on the theme of World Day Against Child Labour, 12th June 2019 to the student of Social work department by honorable CM
Best Team Award in Traditional Games to social work Student by tribal research and training institute gujarat, 2019
Award for best Runners UP trophy in Cricket Tournament to Social Work Department Student, 2019 Gujarat Vidhyapith
- In Gujarat We have introduced the course of Gandhian philosophy of social work, many other universities have followed it.
- Students of the department have been inspired to work in the rural area and with the marginalized group as our teaching-learning focusing and motivating them regarding marginalization and social injustice.
- Our faculty have contributed to the knowledge of social work through writing 11 books in Gujarati.
- Four PhD thesis is published as a book; all the topics are very relevant and creates new knowledge in social work.
- Through projects of child helpline, we have trained more than 500 child rights workers. In child helpline, we set many examples of intervention and advocacy in children cases and influence the allied systems, policies and programmes.
- One of the faculty has prepared a module for TOT of teacher and child rights for creating awareness to prevent child sexual abuse. With the collaboration of YI, CII and DPEO, Ahmedabad and other organizations 1300 teachers and child rights worker was trained and more than 25000 children were getting aware through this module, it’s a great achievement
- Our faculty members are contributing to the institutions/society through Consultancy, delivering lectures in seminars/training/workshops etc., mostly in the areas of Dalits, Muslims, children and women, on the bases of their research and expertise. More than 150 lectures were delivered by the teacher.
- We have developed the following courses, some state-level universities were followed it.
- – Development of Dalit -Adivasi community
- Gandhian Philosophy of social work
- Setu programme (Orientation programme)
- Some of our faculties have developed their expertise in counselling fields like HIV/AIDS, Family and child counselling, their expertise was utilized by govt. Department and Institutions.
- Our alumni are getting priority in selection for the job. They are getting chance to work with Govt. and NGO, from grassroots to class-1 and village panchayat to ministries at central level.
- Students getting priority in selection as image creates by alumni that students of Gujarat Vidyapeeth are very committed, hardworking and ready to work in a challenging situation.
- During the period of Covid-19, 26 students were worked as a psycho-social counsellor in COVID hospital, their duties were highly appreciated by patients, social institutions and Government officials.
- Mostly 95 to100% Result and 100% of students were getting a job is our great achievement.
- Many govt. departments offer some projects and demand our services in some social areas.
- 24 alumni have established organization and they are working for the deprived section. (since inception) “Gujarat Vidyapith Social Worker Association” is registered under trust act.
- There are 12 MOU signed with different Institutions for Research, Training, recruitment consultation and rendering the courses.
- 3,30,867,900 grants are sanctioned for the Project PARAMARSH by the department of SSA- Samgra shiksha Abhiyan for three years. It was pending due to Covide-19.